Monday, February 2, 2015

When I grow up....


Part of Catholic Schools Week, Holden was assigned a project about his vocation.  This was to include what he thought God was calling him to do with his life and how would his vocation be serving to God.  When we first got this I was thinking this will be so easy but when we sat down to brainstorm, Holden was blank.  He did not have a clue as to what he wanted to do or what he would like to do.  I like to blame this "I do not know" syndrome on being the first born and always having everything done for him.  So I took a deep breath and I told him to write down things that he enjoys  doing and it did not have to be something he does everyday and from there were will write up a vocation.  Well, this worked.  He came back with a list of things he enjoys doing and from that list here is what he came up with....

I believe God is calling me to attend LSU.  As a student, I am going to play football and baseball for the LSU Tigers.  My area of study will be Marine Biology.  I enjoy the outdoors, especially the ocean.  I plan on serving God by protecting and caring for his creatures.

I pray that God will lead me to my wife.  We're going to have four boys.  I will coach them in sports.  I'll go fishing, camping and snowmobiling with them so they can appreciate God's creations.

Funny how I am not hearing the same calling for LSU but maybe God missed me on that discussion.  Just kidding.  He had to draw pictures that went along with his report and his vocation to present in front of his class.  Leyton and I attend the speeches and Holden did great.  No pictures from school because I was too busy keep a certain 2 year old occupied so he did not disrupt the class.



I do think this project will be fun to look back in a few years to see what God has in store for Holden.  You never know, maybe a Marine Biologist...






No comments: