Monday, August 10, 2015

Taking in the beauty!


All summer long we have been taking full advantage of the warmer temperatures, longer days and time together.  Most nights the kids are outside playing way past their bed time but it is summer and I know come October....it will be cold!  The other night we decide after dinner to take a family walk at Pope Farm Conservatory.  This farm has several miles of hiking trails, glacier rock wall and the views are spectacular.


However, right now the sunflowers are in full bloom.  All I can say is WOW!


Seriously, it was breathtaking to see acres upon acres of sunflowers.  In between the kids running the trails they stopped for a brief, and I do mean brief moment, so I could snap a couple of pictures.

 

These crazy pictures will just have to do.

We stayed until the sun was setting and were able to see the sunflowers going down.  It was a pretty neat sight to see.


However, the really beauty of the farm was this view.

 

I saw this saying the other day on Pinterest and thought it was only fitting after seeing the sunflowers at Pope Farm.  It said,  "I want to be like a sunflower so even on my darkest days I will stand tall and find the light."  Such a great reminder in finding the good and being positive in this crazy world.


We plan to go back this week again before the sunflowers dwindle.  The kids loved the trails and I loved  the sunflowers so it was a win-win for all of us.

No comments: