Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Soccer Saturday.


When we moved here last year, I signed Rylan up for "club" soccer which is suppose to be competitive soccer.  Not so much that the have to win but more about learning the skills and performing them.  But last season was, lets just say, interesting,  and not as competitive as we were used to in Ohio and for those of you who know Rylan, he is very competitive.  His personality is, whatever someone else can do, he can do better.  He thrives on being pushed and having kids better than him.  Fast forward to this fall, we did not have many options in our area for soccer so I signed him up again for "club" soccer.  After one league practice, they had their season opener this past Saturday.  To be honest, I was not expecting much out of his team since they do not practice as a team but instead, as a league whole.  Strange I know but that is how they do things here.  However, much to my surprise we have a super aggressive team.  Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.


  Rylan was competing and not only was he playing great, he was having a blast doing it.  Seriously, he went from telling me he was not sure about soccer anymore to "Mom, I love soccer."

 

Now, this week, I will be working on humility with him as he celebrated each time after he made a goal.  I should not be taking pictures of this but in the years to come, I know we will sit back and reminisce.


For the past two summers, Holden and Rylan have both done soccer camp.  After this years camp, Holden asked for me to sign him up.  Let me just say, Holden has not played soccer since he was 4, so I was surprised when he said he wanted to play.   Now with his football schedule, he will not be able to attend too many games but we thought we would give it a shot. Saturday was his first game and he was out there hustling.

 

Now his poor team lost but Holden was out there playing and having fun.  This weekend it was "Soccer Saturday" and next weekend we have soccer and football games that will fill our weekend.

No comments: