Monday, September 26, 2016

Rylan's 8th Nerf War Birthday Party


READY, AIM, FIRE!!! 
It's time to celebrate Rylan turning 8!  

Unlike Holden, Rylan wanted a big party to celebrate his birthday.  And after discussing different options, we opted not for a party at the house but some where that would allow a Nerf War Party.  After calling several places, we decided on a playscape place so that the kids could have "bases" while they had their Nerf War.

Before we started the war, each guest received Nerf War bags that I made to hold their bullets, guns and so forth.  


For safety, everyone received googles and rules about the Nerf War.


Once everyone was set, it was time for battle.  The kids were wild and crazy!


I kept the party pretty simple with pizza, battle chips and cheese pellets.

 

I made target cookies for both the party and as their take home goodies.

 

For the cake, it was all about the nerf bullets!  I made three separate sized cakes and each one was colored camouflage.

 


I wish I would have taken a picture of the first layer, it looked so cute but this will have to do.

 

Lots of Nerf battles, running and lots of sweaty boys make for a perfect way to celebrate this special 8 year olds birthday.


Best of all, he said it was the best birthday ever!  He says this every year but I'll take it as a successful party.

No comments: