Friday, December 23, 2016

All aboard the Polar Express!!!


Back in October I purchase tickets for boys and I to ride on The Polar Express Train.  I was planning on making the night a "date with Mom."  However, fast forward a few months and I ended up having foot surgery.  The idea of being on crutches in the Wisconsin snow with all three boys made me a little nervous.  We quickly decided it would be best if Kevin went with me and the little boys to help out.  Holden was not too bummed to miss out on the fun since he had basketball practice rescheduled for the night.  It worked out that Kevin's parents arrive yesterday for Christmas and they could help out with Holden.   Meanwhile, Kevin and I took the little ones out to dinner before we boarded the Polar Express!

Rylan and Leyton were so excited!  Especially Leyton!!!


As the story goes, the train horn blew and we boarded our train car.  It was so cute and cozy.  As soon as we boarded I knew we were in for a get time because our train staff was dancing and interacting with the kids.


We danced, we sang, we laughed and we drank hot chocolate!

 


Funny story, when we received our hot chocolate Rylan took one sip and looked at me an said, "Mom, its not as good as yours, I do not think I can drink it!"  Gosh, he is so spoiled!


We ate cookies and the conductor came by to punch our "golden tickets".

 

Then all of a sudden, the train pulled into the North Pole and guess who came on the train with his elves....Santa!


Leyton was waving and kept his mouth open in awe as he approached our table.  Santa gave the boys bells before he went on his way.


As we headed back to the train station, the boys danced and laughed some more.


Such a fun night to see the boys light up with the Christmas magic.  Leyton is at such a perfect age that I can not wait to see his excitement on Christmas morning!

As much as tried to convince Kevin to wear pajamas on the train, he would not give in but he did wear his Santa hat all night.  I am so grateful he was able to come along and help and I know enjoyed seeing the boys so excited and having fun.


We wish Holden could have joined us for the experience but we are planning something special for him.   I have to say it was such a fun night on the Polar Express with these little loves.


Only 2 more sleeps until Christmas Day!

No comments: