Saturday, July 8, 2017

Tennessee


Last week we drove down to Tennessee to see family and I must say, every time, the drive becomes longer.


Thankfully, we had plenty of movies to occupy the kids and I finished two books on the trip as well.  Once we made it to Granddaddy's, the kids were ready to play.  They play baseball in the backyard until bedtime.  Friday we decided to try to beat the rain and head to the zoo.


We brought one of our cousins with us and the boys had the best time running from exhibit to exhibit.


At the Memphis Zoo they have camel rides and we could not resist letting the kids ride.  I am sure we will be laughing at these pictures for years to come.


I was excited to see all of the new babies at the zoo as well....the giraffe,

 


baby orangoutang,


and the baby hippo.  He was nursing and was so sweet!

 

After the zoo we headed back to Covington to go swimming and of course, more backyard baseball.


The kids had the best time with their cousins.

Saturday, it was much the same, pool, baseball, cooking out and visiting with family.  We stopped by my cousins house and picked a few blackberries and took the boys fishing.



They did not catch much but the sure did have fun and the view were not bad either.  I think this was the highlight of the trip!  They keep asking when can we go back and go fishing and can we camp out next time....whew, these boys wear me out.


Every time we go to visit, it always seems like not enough time but I know everyone had a wonderful time and I am sure Granddaddy does not know what to do with silent house after we left.



Until next time....

No comments: