The blog today was prompted by hearing George Strait's song "I Saw God Today" on the way to pick up Holden from preschool. The chorus is as follows:
"I’ve been to church, I’ve read the book,
I know he’s here but I don’t look
Near as often as I should .. yeah I know I should,
His fingerprints are everywhere I just slowed down to stop and stare
Opened my eyes and man I swear I saw God today."
Hearing this makes me think of Holden and Rylan. I can remember the emotions when they were born of aw and amazement that I actually had a part of creating them.
I feel like I am always racing to get from place to place or trying to get things done that I sometimes miss what is really important-my kids!
My Mommy Lesson: Is to slow down and truly look and listen to them because they really are a precious gift.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Liz. It's Kate. Love you blog. I have one, too! It's so much fun to do and it is a great way to keep in touch. Your boys are just beautiful. I hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment