We have had several summer showers, which means...playing indoors. As a spur of the moment craft, we used marshmallows and tooth picks to build. The boys had fun creating and eating!
Mr. imagination came up with this....
Can you guess who he says he is?
Popeye! Pretty clever this little one.
Who would have thought something so simple could help pass the time.
That is a great activity! We have done it several times, but Jonah likes eating the marshmallows more. Love the Popeye look! Another good rainy day activity from another mom of 2 boys...make your own treasure map and send them on a search for the treasure! I usually have something simple like candy or gum as the treasure. They love the search around the house.
Life's a dance you learn as you go... Before I had Holden I read every parenting, child care, and sleeping book available. But when he arrived and did not "follow" what the books said he "should be doing" I drove myself crazy! I remember feeling overwhelmed and inadequate, kind of like getting a job that you were not qualified for. As the weeks and months passed, I decided to stop reading and listening to what everyone had to say and just enjoy him. I realized that God would not have given me this healthy baby boy if he did not think I was capable. That is why I love this saying not only with my boys but in life. When we have good times and bad times, each experience makes us who we are...life's a dance, you learn as you go.
I hope that you will check back from time to time to see how the boys are growing and what we are up to. Enjoy!
1 comment:
That is a great activity! We have done it several times, but Jonah likes eating the marshmallows more. Love the Popeye look! Another good rainy day activity from another mom of 2 boys...make your own treasure map and send them on a search for the treasure! I usually have something simple like candy or gum as the treasure. They love the search around the house.
Post a Comment