We arrived at sunset, this was the only decent picture of the vineyard.
On the weekends they have wine tasting of all 18 wines and a weekend cookout. How this works is, you taste the wines and then select a bottle to accompany your meal. You have a choice of steak or salmon then you grill your meal. 
The sides and salads are inside after you've grilled. Sounds like alot of work on a night "off" but it was so much fun. We selected Red Reflections as our wine. 
After dinner and dessert, I could not leave without tasting their famous Ice wine. Ice Wine is when the grapes are harvested when they are 32 degrees.
This wine was really, really sweet, but I was glad we tasted it. We had the pleasure of meeting the owners who helped us select some great wines to take home. Kevin and I enjoyed our date night at the Valley Vineyard. Who knew Ohio wine could actually be good?
On a side note, I told Kevin that he had better not think this was going to take the place of our trip to Napa, hmm he just laughed! But I just wanted to make sure he knew!!! We will have to make another trip back to Valley Vineyard really soon!
1 comment:
SO glad you got a date night!! Sounds like a neat place!
Post a Comment