Saturday morning we woke up to a sheet of ice. Everything was covered! Holden basketball was cancelled and we decided to take it easy and stay around the house. While the boys played Star Wars I stocked the freezer with cinnamon rolls.
7 pans to be exact. Something about cold weather makes me want to cook, I am not sure why but it does.
After baking, I finished up a couple of items I had been working on. First were the boys new mailboxes for our countdown to Valentine's Day. Nothing fancy, I just painted a heart with their initial in the middle.
I even made mailbox for Kevin and I too. We will start our countdown on February 1st.
I follow a website called http://www.icanteachmychild.com/ for ideas to do with the boys. A couple of months ago they posted an idea and a file for ABC Scripture Books. I loved the idea and had been wanting to make them for the boys and finally finished them this weekend. I laminated the pages so that they will hopefully last longer.
I love how each scripture has a picture to go with each verse.
It really make it easy for the kids to understand and remember.
As you can see it was a rather lazy weekend due to the icy conditions outside, however, we stayed warm at home with movies, playing games, cooking, and finishing up some small projects.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Girl you are one dedicated mama! I love it! I need to follow in your footsteps. Meant to ask on the flubber post...where did you get the boys' cute aprons???
Post a Comment